Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Nurse for a Mom

Kausten has had the runs this past weekend, and on Monday was still not feeling well. We were having a nice day together playing and reading when the day took a turn for the worse. He was picking up in the kitchen when he caught his foot on the rug and head dove into the cupboard. The door was open and he hit the bottom shelf. I just knew it was going to be bad. Of course me being a nurse swooped him up and put ice straight to it. I didn't even look at it until 10 minutes later. Jeremy has been really busy with training this week and I knew he wouldn't be able to sit in the ER with me, and well just my luck they would just butterfly it. So that is exactly what I did. I had some steri strips here in the house, but now that I look at it, they may have put two or three stitches in. Oh well boys are suppose to have scars right. Poor kid probably won't be going in for the little things.

Being a nurse and all I should be able to handle anything, but I will admit I felt a litte queasy looking at this and thinking someone may have to do stitches. Can do anything to anyone else, but the thought of someone doing it to Kausten is a little to much. Hope Jeremy handles these things better than I.

3 comments:

Amelia and Aaron's Mom said...

Poor Crash...I mean Kausten!! Or as Amelia would say "honey hit your head?"

Michelle said...

Poor guy. It is the worst when they get there first big head wound.

Lori Weeks said...

Kenz - Kausten is soo BIG! What a little man!!! LOL I miss you and hope we can get together sometime soon. Maybe Austin and I will have to take a trip to see you soon :)