Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday My Sweet Em!!!





WOW!!! Today you are one. Really....ONE. I have no clue where the last year went. I wished you to be five months so you could meet your daddy and after that time just went. Maybe it is because you are such a content, easy going little one. You sleep through the night, hardly fuss or cry, eat so well, nap even better. Maybe it is because I have been chasing after your brother and you come along so easy.

What I do know is that you are lovely Emmalyn. We love you with all of our hearts and souls. Your daddy's eyes sparkle everytime you smile at him. Your brother will defend you til the end of the earth. And I don't know what I was thinking wishing for all boys. You are amazing Emmalyn. You are sweet and cuddly. And oh the shoes, hair items and clothes I could buy for you. Especially dresses.

You love to scoot on your bum to get places. You love to squeeze stuffed animals and give them hugs. Your blanket and paci are a must for bed and nap. You are dramatic and get your feelings hurt easily. You are oh so pretty, and we often call you "pretty girl". We are oh so thankful for you Emmalyn and thank the Lord everyday for you. You fit into our family perfectly, and we cannot wait to watch you grow.

Hugs and kisses my sweet sweet Emmalyn. We love you to the moon and back.

Daddy, Mama, and Kausten





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My Beautiful Emmalyn~ I really thought you were going to be a week late like your brother. So when you decided to come the day after you due date, I was really surprised. I woke up at 4 am with contractions, and didn't think much of them. I took a shower and just kept saying "really". I had just gotten your brother to sleep, since he wanted to sleep in my bed and I just wanted him to stay in his room. Needless to say, I waited til 7, called the L&D clinic, and they told me to keep track of the contractions and to make sure to come in when they where five minutes apart. Dr. Estrada then called to let me know we would be doing an induction the next day. So it looked like you were coming one way or another. The contractions kept coming but were only every 8-10 minutes apart. And that is when I realized I hadn't felt you move in quiet sometime.


So I grabbed a Gatorade, and some candy and layed down with Kausten to watch Elmo and to see if you would move. You were definitely being stubborn, so I called L&D back and they suggested I come in for a stress test. I then called Grandma Seigman to let her know what was going on, and Jody. I dropped Kausten off with Jody around 0930 and headed into Madigan.


I was pretty bummed that your Daddy wasn't going to be there. They had sent him off to Iraq, and he wasn't getting sent home for your birth. No surprises there, but we were both a little angry and sad about this. I emailed your Daddy before I left, and he called as soon as I arrived at Madigan.


I got checked into the little triage area, got a monitor hooked up to us all around 1030 and in walks Grandma. She had left as soon as I called her, and it was really great to see her. I still figured they would send me home...but a check revealed I was at 5 cm and we where going to meet you today. Your Dad was great and I was on the phone with him the whole time except for a few hours while he slept. When he called back I had just had the worst two hours. My epidural was tooo strong and it made me feel like I wasn't breathing or able to take a breath. Grandma was there the whole time and made sure everything was going OK.


Once the epidural was taken care of, I got a little nap before they broke my water. I only pushed a few times and there you were. All 7 pounds 11 ounces of you. You were born at 8:13 pm on 22March 2010, and I swore you had my ribs in your toes. I made Dr. Estrada show me your toes right away. You came out searching the world with your tongue. You looked like a little snake. Which came in handy for nursing. It was like you had done this before. You latched right on and we never had issues. You just got down to business.


You are loved beyond words EMMALYN NOELLE. You add a little sass to our world, and a whole lot of sweetness. I love you my pretty little girl.




1 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet, I can't believe that she is 1 already! ! !