Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cohen Lucas

Introducing Cohen Lucas Pankratz.  19 November 2013 @1531.  Weighing in at 6 pounds 13 ounces.  19.3 inches long.  We are absolutely in love with him. 
The morning started at 3 am when I wasn't sure if my water broke.  There were no contractions just some mild cramps so back to bed I went.  Only to get up every hour after that.  I just didn't feel good.  I should of known something was up since the night before Allie wouldn't leave my side and she even tried to climb in the shower with me at 5am.  Needless to say, Jer went to PT and I continued to leak.  So I called our good friend Erika to update her.  Got the kids ready for the day.  When Jer got home he decided to come in with me to make sure everything was OK since I hadn't felt the little man move in several hours....even after a snickers bar and Mt. DEW. 
We dropped off Kausten at school and Emmalyn at Erika's and headed to L&D.  We got there around 0820 and we were admitted immediately.  My water had definitely broke and we were going to have a baby.  They started Pitocin around 1030 since my contractions were going nowhere.  And I was a little nervous about having an epidural after the last one at Madigan, so heck I was going to be strong and brave and go natural.  I did go until they were back to back and I thought I was going to crawl out of the bed.  Thank goodness to my fab nurse Val.  We made it to an 8 and then she said I had about an hour left and that was a big no.  I would like the epidural.  This was around 1400. 
Epidural in...I dilate to a 10 immediately but little man has floated back up.  An hour later (after a nice nap) I was having a lot of pressure and Val said we were ready to go.  Dr. Green and Dr. Campbell came and five pushes later we were blessed with COHEN LUCAS.  Not that he got his name right away.  I knew right away that I wanted to name him Cohen Lucas.  Probably because that is what I had thought of him since we found out we were having a boy.  But I wanted Jeremy to love it too. 
He is amazing.  So sweet and content.  AND nurses like a champ. He is healthy and gorgeous.  We are so thankful for a wonderful delivery that was uncomplicated.  And to an amazing staff at Weed Army Medical Center.  I was so nervous to be delivering at such a small hospital, but it was my best delivery out of the three.  So without further adieu.....COHEN.









0 comments: