Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day weekend with Friends

A couple of our friends from Oklahoma came for a weekend visit. Jess and Lucy came in on a Friday and left on Monday. We had an absolute blast and ate way to much. Thank goodness Kausten was here to keep Nate company. Actually Nate had some very nice, good looking company all weekend, they just happen to be all girls. The only request Jess and Lucy had was for some fresh seafood. Boy did we help them with that. Saturday was spent down at Pike's place where the girls decided to buy some King Crab Legs...there is a reason there wasn't a price next to the legs. $24.95 a pound....the poor girls about died when they were told they owed $109 for 6 legs. We all just about peed ourselves. So Jess kindly asked they guy for half of that, and she got a discount for "baby doll eyes"...way to go Jess. The guy was creepy and we swear high. Needless to say it made for a good laugh later on, and one delicious dinner for the girls.

Jess and Lucy smiling....this was before they were told the price of the crab legs.





The start of their delicious crab legs. It was a great dinner of alfredo ravioli, garlic bread, corn on the cob, salad, and the crab legs. Lucy and Jess even got a bottle of wine to top it all off.





I have never seen such huge chunks of crab meat. The greatest thing, was on Friday we saw Sig Hanson from the Deadliest Catch TLC on post. We really did have a blast this past weekend.

Kausten enjoying his corn on the cob.





Nate was enjoying life and did a cartwheel on the pier for us, and was even skipping while pushing the stroller. Poor Jody just kept walking. The man seriously has way to much energy. And I had never been to the top of the space needle, and now I know why. It made me sick, yup that's right SICK. I know that it goes around so slowly you can't even see it, but that little bit of movement did me in. I stepped out of the elevator, and Nate took one look at me and asked if I was Ok. Thank goodness for a good breeze and the outdoors. I got some great pictures, but I doubt I will be going back up anytime soon. The kids did great this whole weekend. No melt downs, and no huge fits. The poor kids were run ragged. No naps, late bedtimes, and in the car quiet a bit, but we sure did have a great time.




Nate pushing and skipping with Amelia on the Pier. If that was the strangest people saw that day, they weren't paying to much attention to around them.

The space needle.



Jessica, Jody, Lucy, and myself at the top of the space needle.





Kenzie, Jody, Lucy (baby Jaxon) and Jessica in front of the space needle. I was so glad to be back on the ground.





Kausten and I walking around the top of the Space Needle. Kausten just kept giggling and touching my hair. He loves his backpack.



Views from the Needle.





Lucy resting her poor swollen feet. She was such a trooper, and only need a few car naps.

And my beautiful $10 flowers from the market.



Kausten and I sharing a nectarine after the market. We got some great fruit that we have enjoyed all week.
Kausten and I on the pier in Seattle.



Sunday was spent in downtown Olympia enjoying harbor days. Kausten got his feet wet down in the bay and we had a great early dinner at the Oyster House. We had amazing weather the whole time.

Nate made us breakfast every morning. He was such a great husband to us all. And look at that belly on Amelia.



Harbor Days down in Olympia.



Kausten and I enjoying the warm weather down in the Port of Olympia.



We decided to sneak in a quick dip in the water. Ok we just put our feet in, but it sure did feel good.

The poor girls left at 6am on Monday morning, which in turn they had to be up and out of Lacey by 0230. Thank you Jody for driving them.

We miss them dearly, and can't wait to see pictures of baby Jaxon once he is born. You are looking great Lucy. Hugs to all.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jer and Kenz! WOW! Kausten is so cool! I can't believe it's been a whole year since he was born, time has sure flown by.

I'm glad to see mom and baby are happy, healthy and radiant. Your pictures of play days in Seattle make me jealous though, wish I could be there too!
Stay in touch and love the blog!
Rob