Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

baby mobile

WE have the nursery done.....well except for the name on the wall.  And that would be because we don't have a name.  And poor Jeremy is so busy with work, I am not even sure if he has thought about one.  Poor little man without a name.  

I really wanted a fun mobile above the crib.  I loved Emmalyn's pink butterfly one, but didn't want to spend a ton of money on one.  And hers was just pink paper cutout strung on a hoop.  How hard could it be?!?  Well hard....NO.  Time consuming....YES!!!  oh my goodness what was I thinking.

Thank goodness for my cricut.  It cut out all of the little circles.  21 circles times 10 colors.  Yikes.  I wouldn't have wanted to punch those all out.  Next you had to make small tiny little holes on the tops and bottoms of the circles.  Holy Cow!!!  Now was the fun part.  Open up the tiny, little, super small jump rings and sting the circles together.  I don't know if you know....but I have man hands.  Huge hands.  And opening tiny, little, super small jump rings is just not cool.  Thank the Lord for my husband and his many tools ( that he has to have.  I will not complain about his tools anymore.)  So I finally got into a grove using two pliers.  This process of stringing circles only took me three days.    =(    When all is said and done, you glue the circles to hoops, and hang from the ceiling. 

I LOVE IT
 
It flutters so nicely and just adds something to the room...and it was only a few dollars.  I had the paper and ribbon and Delaine donated the hoops.  I just had to buy a hole punch, jump rings and some hot glue.





0 comments: