Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Goldstone Nasa Complex

While Vic and Delaine were here we went to the nasa complex off of Goldstone and took a tour of the satellites.  Fort Irwin is one of three places that Nasa has theses satellites.  Our tour guide was amazing and fun.  She was great with the kids.  I was also nice that we got to drive around and see a little more of Fort Irwin.  Places I had never seen.  We even got to see some wild donkeys.  =)  This link will take you to the NASA website that describes the antennas and what they do. 
goldstone nasa complex has three different size Antennas....27, 34,70.  I couldn't believe how big they were.  At one point we were over by the 34mm antennas and I felt like I was on a scence of Lost.  The abandoned buildings and desert just gave me this eerie feeling like when I watched Lost.



70mm antennae





Left over water from the flood.  This explains why the donkeys haven't been on post.  Still lots of water in the desert for them.

In front of the 34mm antennae

27mm antenna that no longer works but would cost to much to remove




0 comments: