The second week of August is almost always the Northwest Washington Fair. Well it just happened to fall on the third week, and was a perfect time for Jeremy to take a week off. So after a rough morning with Kausten throwing everything up, we hit the road to my parents around 1pm. Kausten slept a little over half way there, which was great since I forgot to bring a bowl or bag for just in case. We had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends. And it a blessing and a curse that my parents live next door to the fair. Kausten got a nap everyday, but parking is a nightmare. It is the ONE and ONLY time you will see cars parked on Mom and Dad's lawn.
Last year Kausten loved the animals, and this year he just screamed NO every time he came near one. My dad tried to get him to touch a chicken, to which Kausten tried to curl into himself yelling NO!!!! It was pretty funny to be honest. Sheila finally got him to touch a goat, I think he was showing off for her that day.
Cute fuzzy little ducks. There was an awesome area set up in the Hank Jansen Barn that featured all sorts of little animals. Kausten wasn't so sure about this, but by the last day was running through it on his own.
Kausten and Jeremy looking at all the baby piggies. I do not miss those days let me tell ya.
Kausten loved posing in this jungle themed photo op. He didn't want to leave. We had to beg Ava to try it also.
Aiden the elf driving the tractor. Those ears on the painting totally made him look elf like. He had a great time posing for the camera behind the tractor.
Aiden and Michelle being a little silly.
Mike racing mom in the cow milking contest. Poor mom says one of her cow's teats was clogged and that is why she lost.
Papa Vic and Kausten taking a stroll and looking around at the chickens. Kausten really did not like to walk by himself through any of the barns. Which meant he stayed in the stroller quiet nicely this year.
I figured if Kausten wasn't using "blankie" I figured I should use it for him. The barns got a little chilly at night with the breeze blowing through them.
We can't wait for next year. I even brought home a carmel apple, which I ate a few days later for breakfast. Now I have to work on those 5 pounds of fair food I ate.





2 comments:
So fun! ! I need copies of those pictures! We had a great time hanging out with you guys. You'll have to come back soon.
Too fun!
Post a Comment