Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Victoria part I

Lots and lots of photos. Karen and I packed up the kiddos and headed to Victoria, BC via the Victorian Clipper. Jeremy had no desire to visit and I really wanted to go. So Karen agreed to join the craziness and took a mini vacay with us. The weather was beautiful and the kids did fantastic. Only a few meltdowns, but overall a wonderful trip. Kausten loved the boat and the one on one time he got while on the boat. And Em, well she is so sweet. She just slept or took it all in. That is not to say the stinker wasn't done on the last day, and cried in the car the whole time we were driving around trying to find a gas station.
It was a little windy outside of the boat. Kausten was not impressed.What a beautiful little park. Lots of walking trails, wonderful gardens, a small little zoo, and a great playground.

Sweet happy Em.


A gorgeous peacock. I love the feathers and colors.
Kausten loved going in and seeing the goats. He was even brave enough to pet them. That is until they stood up or walked over to him.
I wanted to take this mini baby donkey home. It was so precious.
My goal was to be in a few pictures. I am always the one behind the camera, so it worked out great that we left mine at home and Karen took hers. But now I don't have a lot of photos of her. It never fails someone gets left out.
The first day we were there we walked around town and took in the sites. The second day we drove to Butchart Gardens with plans to do the butterfly garden after. I was just hoping Kausten didn't freak out at the butterflies.
The gardens were as beautiful as I remember. I couldn't believe how many people were there. Bus loads...I felt a little claustrophobic at times. And not to mention, when there are that many people, they just become plain rude. Like really...you couldn't see the orange stroller with my two kids in it. I finally gave up and just started running people over. They soon got the message, NO not really but I sure wanted to play their rude game.
Kausten was a little stinker and didn't want his picture taken. So we only got a few of him. But for it being so warm, and not much for him to do, he did an amazing job.
My little SWEET PEA in her pretty little bonnet.
Karen and I loved this little red bridge. I totally made her go against traffic to have her picture taken on it.
Kausten loved all the water. Karen bravely took him over a small stream with stepping stones. All I heard was WALK ON THE STEPS. NOT the WATER. I giggled when he came out with a soaking wet shoe. Thanks Karen. =)
My absolute favorite are the Japanese gardens with all the water and ponds. They are amazing.
What a silly boy!!!
I want these snap dragons in my garden. They were so pretty.
A little worn out. This is what the bed looks like on most mornings. I am not sure where Jeremy is going to sleep when he gets home.
Stay tuned for the butterfly gardens and a little bit more of Victoria.

0 comments: