Juneau was our day to gold pan and have a BBQ salmon dinner. An all you could eat BBQ salmon dinner. But we had a few hours to kill prior to lunch....So we did a little shopping and then decided to catch a bus to the Mendenhall Glacier.
 |
| I am not sure who was more happy to get their picture taken...Jeremy or the bear. |
 |
| What a cute little fishing town. |
 |
| The Menendall Glacier |
 |
| Jeremy and I. We got some really nice pictures of the two of us. |
 |
| Awww...Mike and Michelle |
Then it was off to pan for some gold. I love that our tour guide was dressed in costume and we got to drive through Juneau to see some of the sites. He even acted like he was a miner...When I asked him what brought him to Alaska from Portland, OR....His reply was "Gold of course"!
 |
| An old mining car |
 |
| Our tour guide |
 |
| Mike and his pan full of gold |
 |
| Ok maybe just a few flakes. =) |
 |
| Michelle showing Jer how it is done. This girl found some serious gold. She is a great gold panner. |
 |
| An old school gold pan. |
I really should of taken some pictures of the BBQ. It was such great food, and I even got to roast a marshmallow at the campfire. Our only complaint about Juneau is we just weren't there long enough....and we wish we would of been able to go whale watching. There is always next time. =)
0 comments:
Post a Comment