Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ghost Town

On that drive home....the long long drive....we see signs for the ghost town of Calico.  Not to mention the big letters on the sign of the mountain that reads CALICO.  So we decided to check it out while Auntie Karen was here.  Kausten was not excited, especially since it is a ghost town and you know what must live there then.  I may have laughed about his logic.  To much Scobee doo I tell ya.  So I have attached a few links on the History of Calico.  It was really cool to explore and the kids loved the little train.  Thank goodness we were smart and got there around 10, because by noon there were 9 tour bus and it was around 96 and climbing. 
History of Calico

Calico





Knott's of Knott's Berry Farms bought Calico ghost town and donated it to San Bernadino Parks.  Theses cowboys are volunteers from Knott's Berry Farms.  They were so funny and Emmalyn was TERRIFIED of them.  Kausten swept the jail for them and received some peanuts.


We got to explore and old mining tunnel.  It was so nice and cool...literally.  The kids were not to sure since it was dark, but Karen and I enjoyed it and the welcomed shade.

Some days they love each other more than others. 

The train was definitely the kids favorite part of the day. 




That house is made of all glass bottles.

Our beautiful greenery




It was a good day people...a lot of sibling love.

I just can't get enough of it.  I think I will blow this up and put in both of their bedrooms. 

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great place to visit. The kids look so sweet! They must know they are all each other has for a while being so far from everyone!!!