Unfortunatly I am sure this won't be the only ER visit we make. But we did go in yesterday afternoon and poor Kausten has bilateral ear infections. He has been running some nasty high fevers since Sunday, and I just assumed it was teeth. Then Tuesday I went to put sunscreen on his ears and face, and he howled. So by Wednesday morning, he hadn't really wet his diaper and there was ear goop all over his sheets. That did it for me, and off we were to the ER. Ok I know I am a nurse and I get the triage thing, but we got there at 2pm and didn't leave until 1045 pm. I was actually glad at that point Kausten was sick because all he did was cuddle and sleep. The doctors were great and we started some antibiotics and so far so good. Only one fever today and that was this evening, and he seems to be feeling better as he drank some water, pedilyte and did nurse a few times today. The good news is the docs thought he looked great and I found out he weighed 9.5 kg (20.9 lbs). Have a great upcoming weekend. Kausten and I will be cleaning since for the past four days we have been napping when possible and staying in our pj's.
Lots of Love~
Kenzie and Kausten
Thursday, May 29, 2008
First ER visit
Posted by Mackenzie at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That is always so scary! Poor little guy(poor mommy too) I'm glad you've got the ball rolling iwth the antibiotics.
Love Karla
Hey Kenzie,
Glad to hear that Kausten is feeling better. Chris and I know all to well about ear problems...i.e. Zach. We have been through the ringer with him, but hopefully you & Jer won't have anymore ER visits for the little one's ears. (or ER visits at all!) Take care and God Bless!
Shelly & Chris
Post a Comment